Monday, July 28, 2008

Your not daddy's little girl.

If I had a bad relationship with my father I would try my hardest to make the best of it. Many children don't have a father figure in their life, and a lot grow up with out even knowing what a father figure is. This is really sad because I cant relate, I've had a dad my whole life. Even though we didn't get along very well growing up, and still butt heads, hes still my dad and I still look up to him.

When I was younger I hated my dad. I didn't even want to call him dad. I thought he was the meanest hypocritical jerk of all time. And I still think I'm right, I take nothing back from what I've said about him. But as I got older and started understanding him more I started to look up to him. I realized how strong he was, and how much crap he has to go through. More recently then ever because of certain events, My dad is the strongest man I know. And even though he hasn't been the best dad in the world, Hes still trying

2 comments:

samanthag said...

That's awesome that you can still look up to your dad even though you two dont get along at all. That you can appreciate him for being the way he is and you can learn from that. Your dad doesn't have to be your best friend but at least he can be a strong role model for you.

Britt said...

I think that it's cool how you try to make the best of a bad situation. I could never understand the things that you are and have gone through with your dad but I really admire the fact that you've seen the good in your dad despite the negative feelings that you had/have towards him.