Thursday, July 24, 2008

Violence? Poverty? Who needs it?!

I think the boys can be influenced by the negative influence around them. Growing up in that can take a bad effect on you. However, in the end its their decision how to live. If they were against the violence, and didn't want anything to do with the drugs at there young age, then the answer should be simple. I personally think they would want to get out of that, and grow from their past experiences. They would want to lead a not drug and violence life after seeing everything they had growing up.

Where you grow up does play apart in your decisions you make. But it defiantly doesn't define who you are and how you want to live. Where I live threes at least one "crack house" on every other street. People get there cars broken into more frequently the not. Windows and mailboxes getting smashed etc.. A majority of the people in my neighborhood cant afford much and haven't gone very far in their lives. However, that doesn't effect me, that's not going to me. I'm making something of myself and being here proves it.

1 comment:

Tyler Flynn Dorholt said...

This is a very valid point. We are affected by place but it may not change who exactly who we are. Our actions are external so they seem to belong to place, yet internally we know ourselves only and this is the private and passionate elements of our life that help us get to where we want to be.