Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Groups of Common Interest

I believe that the author of The Last Great American Man was already familar with some of the territory that she covered in the novel. She mentions that she was had known Eustace's younger brother, Judson before meeting Eustace himself. Since Judson had taken a smaller interest in nature, Elizabeth was introduced into the Western territory of life outdoors. However, her experiences were only a fraction compared to what Eustace himself had done.

Relating the last sentence of Jonathan's discussion question to myself, the groups I have been apart of that share similar interest with me are groups that enjoy Sci-Fi and Fantasy Novels and Movies, or just people that enjoy reading and filmwatching in general. These groups have always played a significant role in my social life, as I am to socialize with those I can relate to.

No comments: