Wednesday, July 23, 2008

LeAlan and Lloyd's "Hood"-Bogan

The two authors/main characters in my book Our America, both lived in their their community that they were writing about. I personally think that it was really cool how the book is just them talking and living their experiences through microphones. I also think that it is cool how they used these two young men's life as a basis for a story and how others can learn from their experiences.
I have actually been called to visit some places because of my interests. I am very interested in the building up of New Orleans and hope that the city will come alive again like it was before hurricane Katrina. I visited New Orleans/ Kena, Lousiana the summer of my junior year to help out my family (because everyone in my family is originally from New Orleans/Kena, Lousiana). I lived down in New Orleans for the summer until the beginning of the school year and everyday my job was to help pack, move, babysit, and help others in the neighboorhood. The things that I saw down south encouraged me to write a story about hurricane Katrina victims and how they survived despite what they had been through, so I guess in a since I can kind of compare myself to the author in Jonathan's book.

No comments: