Monday, July 28, 2008

Me and My Daddy

I am blessed to have both a mother and a father. My relationship with my father is wonderful and we share everything. My father tells me about the times when he was younger and how he wants me to be better than he was or ever will be. My father encourages me when i'm down and helps me when I need help. I look up to my father because he shows me how a real man should be and what qualities I need to look for in a husband, so yes my relationship with my father is awesome. I do think that a child should maintain a relationship with their father even if they are always being embarssed or if their father puts them down. I believe that they can learn something from their relationship with their father even if it is a bad relationship. I believe that they can learn what qualities to look for in their father so that when or if they have a child they can know what to do and what not to do with their child so that they can have a better relationship with that child than they had with their father.
In my family there are fathers that you can't look up to. Not with my father and I but sometimes with my uncles and their children. Sometimes I have friends who have horrible relationships with their fathers or not a relationship at all. For example I had one friend who's father moved out when she was little and she hasn't seen him since she was like 2 years old. Unfortunatley she has no relationship with her father and doesn't even remember him. She does try to make the best of that situation so I applaud her on that.

No comments: