Monday, August 4, 2008

don't look at me like that! (tom ques)

In my book The Last American Man my character Eustace is misunderstood by his family and mostly his father. His father doesn’t understand why Eustace would waste his time traveling the United States instead of getting a respectable job. Many people misunderstand Eustace and his ways of living his life because they look at him and say oh hears another hippie or grizzly man. He is a complex person that you have to get to know to know who he really is. They look at Eustace and might be confused like why he dresses like that. People don’t that he dresses that way because that’s the culture he believes in and that’s the way he lives, so people judge him for what he looks like.

Many times people have seen me in a group of people that look suspicious and look at us like with a worried look on there face like something is about to happen. When I was in my high school years I use to hang out with the guy the same age as me and guys older in me that were in gang. I always was with those guys and there were a lot of us I mean {A LOT}. There were some guys that weren’t gangs like me and some other guys but we were still looked at because people didn’t understand us. People thought I was a gang banger but I wasn’t, they were does quick to judge.

1 comment:

Tyler Flynn Dorholt said...

Nando,

This is a solid post and response to Eustace, whose whole appearance immediately draws judgement from everyone nearby. What does it take for one to get past all of this distant judging?