Wednesday, August 13, 2008

My Letter to LeAlan

Hello LeAlan,

I read the book you and Lloyd wrote, Our America. I really enjoyed reading this book. I hope that you have been able to view the world outside of the Ida Bees. Thank you for opening my eyes to see how other people feel in the world. Because of this book I was able to see how the south side of Chicago use to be. I was able to understand how it felt to be a young black kid in the south side projects back in your day. Have you escaped the Ida Bees? Do you have a family? How is your mother? Did you ever meet your father? Are you and Lloyd still good friends? I wish you and your family the best in life and hope you are doing well. Thank you again for sharing your experiences in the book Our America.

Sincerely,

Brittany M. Bogan

No comments: