Tuesday, August 5, 2008

"just a painting?" --- by Jonathan

Out of all of the incredible peices we saw today, there was one that stood out for me personally on a different level. The peice was called "The Mocking of Christ", it was painted by Edouard Manet in eighteen sixty-five. The gaint picture was hung in the most well lit spot in the center of the room. It was a painting of Christ sitty with his wrists bound being made fun of and poked at with sticks by three men wearing some sort of suits of armor. What really made me feel something about this painting was the two foriegn women standing in front it crying. this amazed me. this shocked me. mind you i am not a religious person, the emotions felt by these two women because of this painting made me feel something for it, i had never seen anything like this.

No comments: