Thursday, August 7, 2008

Paintings and Carvings

Tom, you're question is thought provoking. It's kind of hard for me to imagine as to what picture of Eustace I would paint other that nature itself. Painting a portrait of a marvelous landscape with a sunset to complent it would be the type of thing Eustace would get excited about, but since the question is also asking what the book means to me, I can guess as to what I'd paint. I would paint Eustace of course, being the focus of the picture, with the American flag in the background. At Eustace's feet would be people bowing to him in a god-like fashion, and above Eustace would be the titled Man of Destiny. This would show the he is indeed the Last American Man, a one of a kind pioneer whose rare skills are not found by many today, but it would also show the glory that Eustace wants drawn to himself as the so-called Man of Destiny.

The carved object of the world would be a child, seeing as how humans need to be cradled from time to time and reminded by someone higher than themselves that they are useless on their own.

No comments: