Monday, August 4, 2008

Being Misunderstood

In Our America, LeAlan and Lloyd are not in a specific group that is misunderstood but rather they are in a community that is misunderstood. They live in the Ida B. Wells and sometimes many people were misunderstood that lived there. Many thought that the young people there were robbers and gangsters and meant wrong in everything that they did. What many people didn't understand was that this lifestyle was the only lifestyle that these people knew. If these young people learned to do better when they were young they would do right but they didn't so they don't.
I was placed in a situation where because I am a "church girl" and grew up in the church and hang with my friends from church I was seen as stuck up because I didn't want to do what everyone else was doing. I didn't mean to come off that way I just didn't want to be like everyone else. I wanted to be my own person and make my own decisions and hang with other people that were like me. The outcome of the situation was that I was seen in a negative way rather than a positive one but I cleared that up quickly.

No comments: