Monday, August 4, 2008

Being Judged

My character in my book is Eustace Conway, so of course he faces the issue of not being completely understood by everyone. His desire to live in the wild is seen by some as pointless, stupid, or even dangerous. Even more so, his dream to build a utopia in which man regresses back into a primitive way of living is seen as impossible people.

People don't have a hard time understanding who I am or who I want to be, but I believe that my ideas for the future will be questioned at times. I have been judged in the past, but not too often. Usually a few missed preceptions about me are left unknown to me. Whether its a lack of me paying attention to details or not really caring about being judged, I just cannot label a specific incident where I've been judged in a negative way in the past. However, I sure the future holds a few experiences dealing with judgment for me.

1 comment:

Tyler Flynn Dorholt said...

it's great to look at how ideas for the future will be questioned, for if this is not done then it becomes difficult to push oneself toward completing a goal. do you think Eustace has been well aware that his goals are questioned, or do you think that he is so beyond the thoughts of others that he cannot even give time to their judgements?